Getting Your Message Across

By Staff WriterDecember 12

By Patrick Quinn, Professional Copywriter

It has been scientifically proven that most of us take in only around 40% of what we actually see. Our brains edit out the other 60% of visual information as unimportant. On these grounds, if you have a serious proposition to make in your website, brochure or sales letter, it would be wise to repeat it. And not just once, but several times.

Just because you are deeply immersed in your offer or promise, it doesn’t follow that your market will be likewise informed after only one reading. Ads, brochures and websites are the most negligently read materials on the planet. Aside from you, nobody has any real or abiding interest in them. Always remember that you are preaching to the indifferent.

Therefore, if you have something to say – say it often. Everything will bear repetition if it is sufficiently interesting to the audience.

If you’re stuck with copywriting problems, or suffering from writers block or can’t quite come up with that elusive headline may I recommend our own sales writers’ resource ebook Word Power III?

You’ll find ready-made copy such as headlines, tag lines, link lines, calls to action, price defenders, guarantees and more, which you can lift straight from the page and adopt or adapt. You’ll also discover a sales writers’ thesaurus in the form of a theme finder, which will cure writers block forever. You can see it at Word Power III: Copywriting Bible

© 2005 Markethill Publishing

Patrick Quinn is a copywriter, with 40 years' experience of the advertising business in London, Miami, Dublin and Edinburgh. Over the years, he has helped win for his clients just about every advertising award worth winning. His published books, include:
The Secrets of Successful Copywriting.
The Secrets of Successful Low Budget Advertising.
Word Power 1, 2 & 3.

Staff Writer

About Staff Writer

Helping copywriters attract top earnings with words that sell without struggling for years. Transforming frustrating jobs into extraordinary freedom with sales persuasion insights. Inspired by world-renowned copywriter Patrick Quinn.

Posted in Uncategorized and tagged on December 12
{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}