- Both sites are based on high traffic keyword relevant to a specific business-to-business vertical;
- Before the sites were built, related domains were secured around the core niche area;
- Products relevant to the niche were brought together and enough products were available (the back end) to be profitable;
- The site was presented in stages, first the basics, then new elements were added;
- A multiple phase approach was taken to introduce features as they are of value to the buying visitor;
- Advertising banners were omitted to allow search engines time index a limited and focused site;
- Everything about the site is text and simplify focused on a single vertical buyer;
- Lead generation elements were omitted till the site started gaining some traffic;
- Two sites were launched at the same time, each providing value to the same customers and linked together using a “network” mentality;
- Other supporting sites were already available to search engines, used to announce the new development;
- Site text is designed around the wants and desires of the target audiences while other conversation is ignored;
- Navigation is focused on exactly the few things a visitor can do at the site without duplicating content;
- The offer is scoped both by buyers interests and economics scale that allows direct marketing;
Okay, there are a handful of other points that could be included here, but I need to save something for next week. Plus, it's time to fire up the grill. Wishing you all the best on this Independence Day!
© 2008 JWH Consolidated Inc, All rights reserved.
Justin Hitt provides project management support for industrial Internet marketing and direct response campaigns for profit. Before you start your next interactive media project, visit https://www.jwhco.com/